Singapore is amongst the most developed countries in the world. Its a Hub for Global business, finance and logistics. Its standings include: the most “technology-ready” nation (WEF), top International-meetings city (UIA), city with “best investment potential” (BERI), second-most competitive country, third-largest foreign exchange market, third-largest financial center, third-largest oil refining and trading center, and the second-busiest container port. Singapore ranks 5th on the UN Human Development Index and the 3rd highest GDP per capita. It is ranked highly in education, healthcare, life expectancy, quality of life, personal safety, and housing.
- Singapore has also made its name in the field of education as is among the most popular educational destinations . The reasons students chose Singapore are:
- Excellent Education System: Singapore has an excellent well defined education system from Primary school to Post Doctoral studies. It ensures flexibility and opportunities for practical work as part of education.
- Comparatively cheaper than USA/UK/Australia: Tuition fee is comparatively cheaper as compared to USA/UK and Australia.
- Language of Instruction: English is the language of instruction which makes its easy for Indian Students.
- Student Safety: Singapore is among the safest countries in the world with no instances of racism or any other form of discrimination or violence.
- Business Hub: Singapore is the headquarters for many of the top MNC’s of the world. This provides a very good opportunity for students to do internship with them and learn the best practices.
- Multicultural Society: Singapore is home to people of almost all nationalities. Its a cultural hub and great way to learn about other cultures, its makes you a global citizen.
- Recognition and Value of Degree : Degree from Singapore is recognized world over due to its quality and previous success stories.