TYPES OF UNIVERSITIES
- PUBLIC: Gets funds or subsidy from Government to operate leading to lesser tuition fees.
- PRIVATE : Rely on student or Alumni funding to operate.
- STATE : Public Universities which are supported by individual states fro financial support.
- REGIONAL: offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs. It also attracts most of the students from a particular region.
- NATIONAL: offer a full range of undergraduate majors, master’s, and doctoral degrees. These colleges also are committed to producing ground breaking research.
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Primarily 2 year colleges offering Certificates, Diplomas and Associate Degrees